Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My sun glasses broke and I got pulled over.

It sounds silly that these two events could be related but they are. So, this morning we were rushing out the door to run a couple of errands and I find at the very bottom of the diaper bag my sun glasses in two pieces. So sad. But I remember that Brandon's were in the car so I decided to wear his. They're way too big and I have to keep pushing them up but they work. I drive just barely out of our development when I see a police car behind me. My first thought was, "Oh, how sad. Someone is getting pulled over." I pull over to the right hand lane to give the nice police man plenty of room, to realize he's pulling ME over. What!!! What on Earth could I have done in 3 minutes of driving time. He walks up to me and I roll down the window. He then asks me if I've been on my cell phone, which is lying in the center console right next to me. I told him. "No." Then he asks if I'm sure because he thought he saw me with my hand up. Then I told him all about my glasses and how I had to wear my husbands that the phone is there out of habit and I surely know the new law and he could check my phone if he wanted. So, he believed me and I didn't get a ticket but I was so shook up I got lost on the way to the library which is really lame because it was only 3 blocks away from where I got pulled over.

6 comments:

Susanne said...

One of those days... I'm so sorry it happened to you, Nicole! I must admit that I smiled as I read the post, but I can definitely see how you'd be shaken and lost from that point on. Go get some new sunglasses! Lots of love to ya!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. I've been pulled over before for something that was a misunderstanding. It does freak a person out doesn't it.
What a great story to tell though.

. said...

WOW! they are really cracking down on that law! you are the second person I have hearde of being pulled over for that. I guess I need to get out my hands free!
you should go to T.J maxx they have lots of cheap sunglasses there. It is like my fav. place.

Cathi said...

So sorry Nicole! I've told your story to a few people already. Those police are really cracking down on the "hands free" thing huh! So glad you didn't get a ticket, I would have. Police hate me for some reason! (3 tickets in 6 months)

Stephy said...

Nicole,
You know...you look a little like a convict and I might pull you over too if I saw you out on the streets!!! I'm just kidding! That's rediculous that it happened to you, I'm so sorry.
I'm glad to see you are doing good,besides that drama.
I wish we were still in the same ward.
Hope you have a fabulous summer chicka!
Luv, Stephanie

THE HAGES said...

Hi Nicole! It has been forever! I hope other than the drama of the pull over everything is going great with your family. We miss you guys!