Tuesday, January 22, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

Last night we had a family night on "ingredients." First we made brownies and everyone had a turn putting in the ingredients. Then, while the brownies were cooking, we talked about the ingredients we need for a happy family. The girls came up with the best list. Their "ingredients" are: family prayer, sharing, service, eating together, laughing, respect, obedience, being nice, hanging out, and forgiveness. Then they said that love, Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father were what we used to stir it all together. They melted my heart. I love those little girls. It's nights like last night when I realize they really are listening.

3 comments:

Susanne said...

What a great family night idea!! I love how much your girls understand. I'm so impressed with your parenting/teaching skills! Thank you for chatting with me for a while today and sharing your thoughts. I love knowing your family.

andersen said...

I finally had a few minutes to check out your blog looks great.

Cathi said...

you are such a great mom! I can't even imagine what it would be like with four girls. We're lucky to get anyone to sit still for FHE, let alone actually listen and participate. You're awesome!