Friday, May 9, 2008

Summer's First Swim






We love swimming. Each summer we go as often as we can. We love the water, the warm weather, and the girls are so fun. So, last night was our first swim of the summer. It started out really rocky. We had one of the biggest scares parents can have. While Brandon was standing less than 1 foot from Olivia he turned his head for just enough time to look down and find the floaty he was going to blow up and Livy fell in. She couldn't have been under for longer than a few seconds but he looked over and saw her in the pool, jumped in and pulled her out. He handed her to me and then got out himself. She looked dazed for a second and then started throwing up. No water came out so we think she was holding her breath. She was fine after that but we are still a little upset about the whole incident. After the shock wore off we all had tons of fun. Maddie went in the pool for the first time and the girls had a blast swimming around. And this morning I looked up swim lessons for Livy and the new family rule is you can't go outside without your floaty on and in place.

4 comments:

missy said...

How scary! I'm glad Brandon looked when he did and was able to get her as quick as he did. We can't wait to go swimming with you in July!

Susanne said...

I'm so glad it ended up being a fun night!! I totally can empathize with your experience with Olivia... I'm sure Jeannie told you about our incident with David!

Happy Mother's Day, too!

Loren said...

I am so glad that Olivia is okay, how scary! That is my worst nightmare and so I refuse to take both my kids (since they are so little) swimming without another adult to help me. We want to do swim lessons with Grant. Where are you going to do it?

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

The pool is awesome. Bryan has taken Caelan twice already. Good times.
Hey, I want to invite you to my blog now that it is on private but I don't have your email.
send me an email so that I can do that. tierralowry@yahoo.com