Saturday, February 9, 2008

We've taken the plunge


We are now the proud owners of a fish! I actually quite love her. Her name is Betty. She is a red and white Betta and she lives on the kitchen counter so I can talk to her while I do the dishes. The girls adore her, for now, and love to watch her swimming in her bowl.


The girls have wanted a pet now forever and we've pushed them out as far as we felt like we could. We had promised them we would get a fish after Maddie was born and considering she'll be 6 months next week I think we pushed it out as far as we could. But now that we have her I really like her. She never talks back, she eats all her food and only requires food once a day, and I only need to clean her once a week. Piece of cake!!! I think we might even buy her a friend if she continues to work out.

1 comments:

Susanne said...

I love her! Our first fish lived in a bowl on top of our television for a year! Just make sure you don't completely replace her water every cleaning. Fish need beneficial bacteria in the water. We make sure to only replace about 25-50% of the water at a time. And don't really clean the rocks off because those good bacteria live there too! Sorry... probably too much advice for things you already know. I think we have learned a lot of lessons the hard way and I am always trying to save people the trouble even if they don't ask. I'm probably really annoying... OK. Shutting up. I'll have to tell you how we got our first fish one of these days...
It was so nice to see your familiar faces today at church.