Saturday, April 26, 2008

There's No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk

I thought I would randomly post some of our families favorite sayings. This by far is our favorite. Probably because... someone is always spilling something. Nearly once a day and sometimes twice someone spills their drink, cheerios, or entire plate. We try not to get frazzled by the messes (though I'm sure you all know it's really hard to do) and we tell them not to worry, there's no use crying over spilled milk. A few days ago Livy dropped her playdough on the ground and started to cry. I'm sure it wasn't because she felt she'd made any kind of mess but rather just because her playdough fell. Emmy told her, "Don't worry Livy, there's no use crying over spilled playdough." I think I like her new twist on a family favorite.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

You two are good parents. And its a great mantra to have. Ours is often "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." Its so nice when we see our kids pick up something from us that we actually want to pass along!

missy said...

That's really cute! Don't you love the way little minds work!?